4951 US-231 Lafayette, IN 47909
Phone: (765) 474-6714
Athletic Director: Ryan Walden
Asst. Athletic Director: Pete Osterman Athletic Secretary: Rachel Burns
EVENT ATTENDANCE PROTOCOLS in RESPONSE to COVID-19
We are excited to welcome students, coaches, staff, support personnel, and our fans back to McCutcheon High as we begin the 2020 Fall Sports season. In accordance with guidelines from the CDC, TCHD, IDOE, IHSAA, as well as Gov. Holcomb’s most recent state mandates, Tippecanoe School Corporation will require ALL spectators to observe the following procedures when attending athletic events host by McCutcheon High School:
Maverick Commitment to Safety:
- MHS and Tippecanoe School Corp. have implemented safety procedures to mitigate the potential spread of COVID-19. However, spectators assume all risks related to exposure of COVID-19 when attending an event.
- Spectators must comply with ALL posted signage, as well as verbal guidance from school officials while attending events hosted at McCutcheon.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be made readily available to patrons.
- We ask that all visiting teams & spectators attest to the following Self-Evaluation Affirmation. If answering yes to any of the following questions, we ask that you do not enter the facility or attend the scheduled event:
- Are you experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms? (fever, cough, shortness of breath, muscle pain, sore throat, headache, loss of taste/smell, or chills)
- Have you been in contact with anyone in the past 14 days who has tested positive for COVID-19?
- Have you been advised to quarantine due to exposure or are awaiting results from a COVID-19 test?
Spectator Capacity per Event:
- Ellison Stadium (Football) 914
- MHS Soccer Complex 250
- Resler Gym/Aux Gym (Volleyball) 190
- MHS Tennis Courts Please maintain social distancing (6 ft) protocols
- Wea Ridge Cross-Country Course Awaiting Tippecanoe Co. Health Dept. approval
- ALL tickets will be sold online. There will be NO CASH SALES for any Fall event.
- Presale tickets will be sold through our online Box Office. Links and ticket information will be shared with the McCutcheon Community & the visiting team’s athletic departments prior to the day of the event.
- Tickets are non-refundable. Tickets will be honored at rescheduled events.
Facial Coverings: *per Gov. Eric Holcomb’s executive order (7.22.20)
- Facial coverings are required at all times for spectators ages 8+ for events
- Facial coverings are required at all times for spectators 8+ for outdoor events when social distancing of 6 ft or greater cannot be maintained.
Seating/Viewing Area Restrictions:
- Please choose a seat in the stands that is at least 6 ft away from non-immediate family members. When in doubt, spread out!
- While seated, facial coverings may be removed for eating and drinking provided social distancing of 6 ft or greater from non-immediate family members can be maintained.
Concessions and Restroom Usage:
- Concessions will be available. All concession items made available will be pre-packaged in accordance with health department guidelines.
- Please do not congregate in or around the restrooms and concessions areas.
- Facial coverings must be worn at all times in these areas.
General Event Information:
- All athletes will arrive dressed for the competition. Limited locker room usage will be allowed for Football, all other sports will not be allowed the use of locker room facilities.
- Player/Fan tunnels and other pre-game routines will not be permitted this season.
- Athletic Training Facilities will be available for all athletes. Facial coverings must be worn at all times in these areas.
- Team benches/sidelines will be arranged to provide additional spacing of athletes/coaches. Non-participating student-athletes and managers will be asked to wear facial coverings off the field of play.
- Each Coaching Staff will be asked to wear facial coverings during the contest and maintain additional spacing during time outs/stoppages of play.
- Do not engage in celebratory acts of hugging, shaking hands, of giving high fives. Unique changes to celebratory acts to eliminate touching are encouraged.
After the Contest:
- Please leave the facility at the designated exit locations. We ask that you leave as soon as possible after the contest. Socializing/congregating after the game is prohibited.
- In case of a positive COVID-19 Test following a contest, the competing school should contact the opposing school immediately. The Tippecanoe Co. Health Department will be contacted by McCutcheon for further guidance at that time.
We look forward to hosting your student-athletes, coaches, and fans! We are committed to providing the safest possible experience for everyone in attendance.